Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Olivia Chow may be more incompetent than anyone realized

OUT OF THE MOUTH OF OLIVIA
  • ON HER LACK OF PRIVATE-SECTOR EXPERIENCE:
"That's not true. I've been cashier at Shoppers Drug Mart for two or three years and a waitress for six years ... I sold paintings, photos ... I had a business when I was an artist. I had three or four contracts."
  • ON HOW SHE, AN AVID CYCLIST, GETS AROUND TO CAMPAIGN:
"I have a car ... Equinox ... you don't think I can do 10 activities on one day. Do you think I can fly?"
  • ON HER PLANS TO SCRAP THE SCARBOROUGH SUBWAY IF ELECTED:
"I have the courage to say what needs to be done ... I have the courage of my convictions ... just because Rob Ford and John Tory think it is the right thing to do doesn't mean it's right."
  • ON THE T-SHIRTS WITH ROB FORD QUOTES (DELIVERED AFTER HE GOT OUT OF REHAB) GIVEN TO MEMBERS OF THE CITY HALL PRESS GALLERY:
"It was Jamey Heath's thing (her communication adviser) ... I didn't go around handing them out. We weren't doing anything with it."
  • ON WHETHER THERE WILL BE MORE AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS IF SHE BECOMES MAYOR:
"Absolutely. I think it's really important for our children to grow up smart and strong especially in an at-risk neighbourhood and in all communities."
  • ON THE EXPERIENCE WITH HER HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE BEING PICKED UP BY PRIVATE HAULERS (CONSIDERING SHE TWEETED CONCERNS THE FIRST DAY IT WENT PRIVATE):
"It's worked quite well. My mom likes it. (We have) no issues."
  • ON HOW SHE'D BRING TOGETHER A VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL COUNCIL:
"By appealing to what they (councillors) are most passionate about ... and let them run (with it) as long as you don't break the piggy bank ... that's the difference between me and John Tory. I know how the city works."
  • ON WHY SHE WANTS TO BE MAYOR:
"Life is too short ... I want to get things done."


Read the Toronto Sun column by Sue Ann Levy HERE

No comments: