Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Sunday, March 30, 2014

As I sit here with my morning coffee...


...In his new book, Caffeinated: How Our Daily Habit Helps, Hurts and Hooks Us, Murray Carpenter cuts to the chase: Did you know that a tablespoon of pure caffeine would kill you?
In its purest form, caffeine would be indistinguishable from cocaine – and, interestingly, is often cut with street drugs for an added kick, he writes. U.S. Navy Seals use high doses of caffeine to battle sleep deprivation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, a tablespoon of cocaine won't kill you. Don't ask me HOW I know that, just know that I do.

Also, cocaine has no actual withdrawal symptoms. Because of that and Oprah, they had to redefine addiction so that it could include not only coke, but sex, gambling and shopping.

If you're interested in wen society became doomed, that's when it happened.

I. Renarde said...

The old caffeine scare. It's junk science.

Also, it's funny how they call that addiction a mental illness, but not homosexuality or the two-spirited/genderqueer nonsense.