Featured Post

How To Deal With Gaza After Hamas

Sunday, July 18, 2010

George Lucas uses the Force against the original Vader

David Prowse played Darth Vader in the 3 original Star Wars Films. He said he was promised he would be seen in the final one when Vader's mask came off and his voice would be used, but neither proved to be the case. Prowse's voice was replaced with that of James Earl Jones and another actor was the face of Vader in The Return of the Jedi.

From Prowse's website:
Dave is not appearing at Celebration V

It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have "burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself" - no other reason given.


I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501.


Sincere apologies to all my fans who were hoping to meet with me - I shall miss you too. As you will see from my events page I will be at many conventions all over the world so we can still keep in touch.

No comments: